Saturday, February 19, 2011

THEY DISABLED THE COMMAND PROMPT... WHAT TO DO...

*The following should not be used and if so, I am not responsible for anything that happens*

Don't you just hate it when your administrator disables the command prompt. Well, with a little bit of regsitry searching I've found out how to get around that. First go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Policies

and look for DisableCMD. Set the val to 0 and you're done. I've been looking for more of these disabled things and I've also found the one that disables the task manager. It's in the same location and it's called:

DisableTaskMgr. I also found the one for locking the workstation and it's called DisableLockWorkstation. And finally, if you're not allowed to change your password it's DisableChangePassword

No comments: